Web site terms and conditions of use
THIS SITE AND RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED SUBJECT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE WILL INDICATE YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROMPTLY EXIT THIS SITE.
1. General. These Terms and Conditions of Use (the "Terms and Conditions") govern your use of this Web site provided by the National Psoriasis Foundation, including without limitation use of all services, content, data, images, information and other materials posted on or available through this Site (collectively, the "Site").
2. No Medical Advice. This Site was designed for educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. Individual variances in psoriasis cases require the consultation of a physician to make sound medical decisions. The information presented on this Web site is not intended to replace the counsel of your physician. It is important to see your doctor before altering anything in your treatment plan. The National Psoriasis Foundation does not endorse any medications, products, equipment or treatments for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
3. Use of The Site. The National Psoriasis Foundation hereby grants you a nonexclusive license to use the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use. As a condition of your use of this Site, you warrant to the National Psoriasis Foundation that you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You may not reverse engineer, deconstruct, disassemble or decompile any software or technology underlying the Site or provided through the Site, except to the extent permitted by applicable law. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, your authorization to use this Site shall automatically terminate.
The contents of the Site may not be distributed, modified, reproduced, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the National Psoriasis Foundation, except that you may download content from the Site to any single computer, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices. Except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, any use of these materials on any other Web site or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
4. Copies of These Terms and Conditions; Updates. You may print a copy of these Terms and Conditions using the print button or feature in your browser. We suggest retaining a copy for your future reference. You should be aware, however, that we may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time, and by your continued use of the Site agree to be bound by future revisions. It is your responsibility to periodically visit the "Terms and Conditions" link on the Site to review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions. You may use your browser to print copies of any updated Terms and Conditions.
5. Ownership. The Site is owned and operated by the National Psoriasis Foundation, Incorporated (referred to as "the Psoriasis Foundation," "the Foundation, " "we," "us," or "our" herein). All services, content, data, information and other materials on or directly accessible from the Site are owned by the Psoriasis Foundation, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors and/or vendors. The Site is protected by United States and international copyright and trademark laws. Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement with the Psoriasis Foundation are reserved by the Foundation and/or its vendors and licensors. Any copies that you make of material or other content provided through the Site must contain the same copyright and other proprietary notices that appear with the material or content.
6. No Framing. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to use, surround or enclose any portion of the Site without the Psoriasis Foundation's express written consent.
7. Jurisdictional Issues. This Site is controlled and operated by the Psoriasis Foundation from its offices within the State of Oregon, United States of America. The Psoriasis Foundation makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local or national laws, if and to the extent local or national laws are applicable.
8. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. 512), the Psoriasis Foundation is registered with the United States Copyright Office as a Service Provider. Any notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Catie Coman, Director of Communications, 6600 SW 92nd Ave., Ste. 300, Portland, Ore., 97223, phone 800.723.9166.
9. Warranty Disclaimer. THIS SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IT OR ANY SITE-RELATED SERVICE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUALITY OF INFORMATION, AND TITLE/NONINFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND HYPERLINKED WEB SITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY THE PSORIASIS FOUNDATION OR THE FOUNDATION'S AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THIS WARRANTY.
10. Limitation of Liability. THE PSORIASIS FOUNDATION AND ITS AFFILIATES, VENDORS, LICENSORS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE SITE ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, AND/OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR HYPERLINKED WEB SITES IS TO STOP USING THE SITE AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Accuracy and Integrity of Information. Although the Psoriasis Foundation attempts to ensure the integrity and accurateness of the Site, it makes no guarantees whatsoever as to the correctness or accuracy of the Site. It is possible that the Site could include typographical errors, inaccuracies or other errors, and that unauthorized additions, deletions and alterations could be made to the Site by third parties. In the event that an inaccuracy arises, please inform the Psoriasis Foundation so that it can be corrected. Information contained on the Site may be changed or updated without notice.
12. Your License to Us. Any communications or material of any kind that you e-mail, post, or transmit through the Site (excluding personally identifiable information of students), including, questions, comments, suggestions, and other data and information (your "Communications") will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You grant the Psoriasis Foundation a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, world-wide, irrevocable license to reproduce, transmit, display, disclose, and otherwise use your Communications on the Site or elsewhere for our business purposes. We are free to use any ideas, concepts, techniques, know-how in your Communications for any purpose, including, but not limited to, the development and use of products and services based on the Communications.
13. Your Communications. The Psoriasis Foundation may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas of the Site where user Communications may be made available, including, but not limited to, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and other user forums. The Psoriasis Foundation, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, defamation, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. The Psoriasis Foundation retains the right to remove, in its sole discretion, Communications that include any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate.
14. Acceptable Use Policy. You may not transmit any material on or through the Site that (a) restricts any other user's enjoyment of the Site, (b) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, profane or otherwise offensive, (c) constitutes or encourages criminal conduct, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law, (d) violates or infringes the rights of any third party including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, privacy or any other proprietary right, (e) contains a virus or other harmful component, or (f) contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact. The Psoriasis Foundation reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, government request, court order, subpoena or other legal process, or to edit or remove any information, in whole or in part, that in the Psoriasis Foundation's sole discretion is objectionable, disruptive to the Site or in violation of these Terms and Conditions. The Psoriasis Foundation reserves the right to immediately suspend your access to the Site in the event of any violation of this provision.
15. Links or Pointers to Other Sites. The Psoriasis Foundation makes no representations whatsoever about any other Web site that you may access through this Site. When you access a non-Psoriasis Foundation site, please understand that it is independent from the Psoriasis Foundation, and that the Psoriasis Foundation has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a hyperlink to a non-Psoriasis Foundation Web site does not mean that the Psoriasis Foundation endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of the linked site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use or download is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Site, you do this entirely at your own risk.
16. Entire Agreement. Except as provided below, these Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Psoriasis Foundation and you pertaining to the subject matter hereof. In its sole discretion, the Psoriasis Foundation may from time-to-time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions, so you are aware of any such revisions to which you are bound. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages within this Site.