Psoriasis Forum Journal
The National Psoriasis Foundation journal Psoriasis Forum, published quarterly, is the only publication of its kind—dedicated to providing up-to-date and practical information to health care providers on the front line of psoriasis treatment.
Psoriasis Forum is sent to professional members of the Psoriasis Foundation.
Current issue: Spring 2013 Vol. 19, No. 1
Tumor Necrosis Factor-α Triad: Psoriasis, Cardiovsacular Disease, and Depression
Argentina Leon, M.D., Wilson J. Liao, M.D., Rishu Gupta, B.S., John Y. M. Koo, M.D., Jashin J. Wu, M.D.
Tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) plays an intricate role in immune defense mechanisms. Over the past decades, studies have demonstrated that inflammatory cytokines, such as TNF-α and interleukin-6, may play an important role in the pathophysiology of psoriasis and depression. More recently, studies suggested an additional association of TNF-α with cardiovascular disease, which has attracted much attention. People with psoriasis, cardiovascular disease (i.e., heart failure or myocardial infarction [MI]), and depression have been found to have higher levels of proinflammatory cytokines, especially TNF-α. This article reviews the roles of TNF-α in psoriasis, cardiovascular disease, and depression.
Also in this issue:
- Frequency of Monotherapy Versus Combination Therapy in Reported Cases of Infections Occurring in the Setting of Biologic Agents
- Psoriasis: Impact on Quality of Life
- Duration of Remission of Tropical Psoriasis Therapies
- Merits of Maintenance Phototherapy for Psoriasis
- Residents of Distinction
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome Related to the Use of Etanercept in a Patient With Psoriasis Vulgaris
- Psoriatic Arthritis Severity Associated With Nail Changes
Online access to current and past issues of Psoriasis Forum is available to professional members.